How transfer files using FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
You will need access details such as (often referred to a session
- Open Total Commander and click the FTP button on the top toolbar, then New connection
- Session: enter any terms that identifies the FTP session. You will use this in the future when connecting.
- The server address, such as ftp.mywebsite.com or a sequence of numbers (IP address)
- User name: use the username provided
- Password: use the password provided
- If you have problems uploading, place a tick in Passive Mode.
Note: the screenshot which gives an example of entering session details.
- Open Total Commander and click the FTP button on the top toolbar.
- Select the session name and Connect
- You can drag files from your computer to the server.
- Important: make sure you know which pane is your computer and which is the server.