Setting up IIS on an Intranet to run Classic ASP Logos Flow products:
IIS is found:
- Pre-Windows 10: via Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Server
- Windows 10: Start > Windows Administrative Tools via > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Server.
Make sure Classic ASP is installed. If not, to install Classic ASP
- Pre-Windows 10: Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > Internet Information Services > Application Development Features. Tick ASP option.
- Windows 10: Start > Settings > Apps > Programs and Features Turn Windows features on or off > Internet Information Services > Application Development Features. Tick ASP option.
Go to Application Pool
and click DefaultAppPool
. On the right click Advanced settings
and set Enable 32-bit applications
is enabled (see image).
You will need to Enable Parent Paths
: double-click the ASP
icon and set Enable Parent Paths
To test and make sure the application is running - use the link provided by Logos Flow and enter it on your browser's address bar. It will start with http://localhost
While the application might be functioning you could get an error when it writes to a database. This can be caused by security settings on your computer / server. Basically, the application needs to write
and not just read
. As this involves your computer / server settings, consult your IT support. You can also try the following:
- Go to c:\Inetpub folder and right-click, then select Properties > Security and Edit.
- Select the Users option in the list.
- Tick the Full control option - this will automtically place a tick in the Modify box.