Details about updating the source of the data file - used when networking or managing multiple data files.
This option is needed to update the link to the file holding your actual data (i.e. xxx_d.mdb file).
- First use the Select a product pull-down list. Various options such as drive, path and an appropriate buttons become available.
- The Browse button offers you a user-friendly view of your folder structure - you can then browse to the appropriate file or location. Note: the product automatically determines the correct file it is looking for - so you cannot connect to the wrong data file.
- You will normally accept the default settings.
- Optional: if you do not use the the Browse button to locate a file you must use the colon ':' in the drive statement and end slash '\' in the path statement.
- Click the Update button to confirm the new location of the data file.
Note: in recent versions (2011 onwards) a file recording the last drive and path
is stored in the c:\DataFlow folder. It includes the product's prefix in the file name: path_REMD.txt
(using ResourceMD as an example).
If you have a slow network use Control integrity checks
(Switchboard > Checks) to speed up moving between records.