This option is for downloading and running a file directly via a website link or saving to your computer then running. Once the file is downloaded the Build is installed on your computer.
is not a new version of the product but a partial upgrade
. Builds are used for:
- keeping the product dynamic for your immediate needs
- providing you with custom features and functionality
- reparing any errors or bugs
Note: Builds are normally dated which lets you see which is the latest one.
Install directly via website address
You will receive an email with the Internet address (URL) of where the Build is located.
- Make sure you close the product on your computer, i.e. close the HumanitiesCMD
- Go to the Internet address provided (click the link in your email message)
- Depending on the web browser you are using (Edge, Explorer, Chrome, etc.) a dialog box appears asking if you would like to run or save the file to your computer. You will receive various security messages warning you the file could harm your computer. Rest assured the file will not damage your computer so agree to any security messages. If you receive a message giving you the don't run option, click More info and select run anyway.
- Depending on whether you choose to run or save, either run directly or once the file is downloaded, click the installation /extract option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Agree if asked if you would like to overwrite a file, or files.
- Open your product as normal - either via your desktop or Start then Programs
Note: if you need to install the build on a various networked computers, you can install using the steps above. Remember to use Networking to locate the data file on the shared folder.